What are your plans for the upcoming Christmas season this year? Will this year find you spending it at home again or have you decided this will be the year that you’re going to start a new family tradition? If you’ve taken our advice in the past, you’ve already chosen the perfect vacation rental where you can spend the holidays and you’ve decided on your arrival and departure dates.
For those who have never taken a holiday vacation somewhere coastal, you’re in for a big surprise. There is much going on in the area to celebrate the holiday season and we have plenty of vacation rentals ready and waiting to provide you with all the comforts of home during this special time of the year. You can easily book your rental right here on the Debordieu Rentals website.
One of the most memorable events in the area that you surely won’t want to miss is Nights of a Thousand Candles at Brookgreen Gardens. On December 4-6, 11-13, and 18-20, from 3 – 10 p.m., come watch as Brookgreen Gardens comes to life with the soft glow of more than 5,500 hand-lit candles and countless sparkling lights. Bring your family and walk the paths with a warm cup of cider, enjoy the sounds of hand bells ringing, carolers singing, and celebrate the season with family and friends. This annual event has become a popular holiday tradition that many residents and visitors alike look forward to every year.
Plan on having dinner while you’re here. An affordable dinner is being catered by Inlet Affairs of Murrells Inlet and is priced separately from museum admission. Check out their Nights of a Thousand Candles 2014 Dinner Menu. Dinner will be served from 3:30 to 9 p.m. each evening and will be served cafeteria-style in a large heated tent with inside seating. The menu features a variety of Lowcountry fare including seafood, BBQ, chicken bog and vegetarian options. Reservations are not accepted. (The Pavilion Restaurant will be closed during the event.) The Old Kitchen, located in the sculpture gardens, serves beverages and snacks. A beverage and snack tent, located next to the main entertainment tent, also offers beverages and snacks.
Suggestions for how to make your Nights of a Thousand Candles experience more enjoyable:
1. The best way to a void weekend crowds is to come on a Thursday evening.
2. Arrive early (between 4 – 5 p.m.) and have time to see the candles being lit and map out where you would like to go. Dusk is the best time to take pictures. Tripods not allowed.
3. Wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes. This is not a drive-thru lights festival. You will be walking through the gardens.
4. A limited number of adult and child strollers are available at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have mobility issues or difficulty standing for extended periods of time, please make appropriate arrangements.
5. If possible, carpool with family and friends. You’ll be supporting our green initiative and helping to reduce the number of parking spaces required.
6. No smoking and no alcoholic beverages may be brought into the event.
We look forward to hearing from you before the holidays and know you’ll have a pleasurable time at Brookgreen Gardens while you’re here. All of us at DeBordieu Rentals want to wish you and yours a very happy holiday season!